Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm back!

So, once again, I've been guilted into updating my blog by my friend Jen...who shouldn't have to remind me right?!! I was working on my blog background last week and my computer froze up which just irritated me so I boycotted my own blog!

Our life has been fairly busy but nothing compared to what we're heading into - spring sports season! Kate/softball, Hannah & Em/soccer and Nick/Tball will keep us running for most of April & May but I'm thrilled that they want to be involved...I'm sure I'll have pics to post like crazy so stay tuned for those. I'm not coaching at all this season so I'll be able to be a spectator again :)

Shane & I put the kids' trampoline together a couple of weekends ago - nothing like giving them this great Christmas present in a huge box then telling them "ok, now we wait for spring!" Shane & the kids got the whole project started but then I was called in as "muscle" (hahaha) to get the legs on & the net up...but before we put on the net, I had to perform some "quality control" procedures:



Shane & his work crew

Yaaay - our parents are the greatest!


What I don't have a picture of is the giant bump in the center of Nick's forehead after it was introduced to our neighbor's elbow later in the afternoon courtesy of the trampoline...Shane brought him in to me and said "Mom, I think he's going to have quite the goose egg" so I gave him a ice pack and he sat at the kitchen table....in walks Katie who hadn't been outside at the time and she asked Nick what happened...he proceeded to tell her he had a "chicken leg" on his head! After I stopped laughing, I reminded him it was called a "goose egg", not a "chicken leg"....oh the things kids say!

All of the kids have had some fun lately...the twins went to Evansville to see/hear the Philharmonic Orchestra with their classes, Kate went to New Harmony w/ her class, all of the girls had a "Just Say No" bowling party and Nick had his spring music program...this all occurred on back to back to back to back days...and Nick was sporting the aforementioned goose egg at his program. I believe the highlight of the twins' trip (unfortunately) was the puker on the bus on the way home due to overeating at the Black Buggy - soooo glad I didn't end up volunteering to chaperone that trip!

We had a good night tonight too...bummer that Shane wasn't here but he's still attending Dale Carnegie Leadership Training on Tuesdays thru April/May...the kids all needed "stuff" for their upcoming sports so we headed to Hibbets for cleats for Kate & Nick and pants for Nick...we're not sure what color Kate will need yet so we're holding off. Hannah's soccer cleats now fit Emily and Kate's fit Hannah so at least I got by w/ only buying 2 pairs. After that, we headed to Mr. Gatti's for pizza & salad then to Walmart for new soccer balls for the twins. The kids were all soooo well behaved everywhere that we went that we felt we deserved Scoops ice cream on the way home...it was our first Scoops of the season and it was wonderful! I managed to be good and avoid the "real" ice cream by having some raspberry Dole whip - not a big sacrafice if you ask me b/c its delicious!

So, now I'm enjoying the quiet house w/ all kids in bed...ahhhh, lovin' life!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The new trampoline looks like fun, and I am glad that you tried it out first. LOL. I would of had to do the same.
Nick's saying "Chicken Leg" was to cute. So funny all the stuff that kids come up with.
Hope you guys have a great sports season!! Have fun watching all them and running to fields. :)

Abbie said...

Oh my goodness...LOVE the "jumping on the trampoline" shots - especially of you, Chas!!
And the "chicken leg" comment made my day - I think I will be laughing about that for awhile! Tooooooo funny!! You have to get on here more often - cause your posts always crack me up! Love ya babe!!
p.s. I made my first trip to scoops this week and had a peach smoothie - it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

Chelsa said...

we got B a trampoline for christmas too~ that's what i said about giving him a christmas present and then saying "wait" lol. hopefully we will get it set up soon! i told ryan i'm not sure who will use it more, me, or B! :)

loved the chicken leg comment! that's so funny!