Thursday, April 16, 2009

Twice in one week?!

That's right...I'm actually posting twice in one week! Not b/c I have a whole lot to say, just trying to to be better at the whole blogging thing :)

Wasn't the sunshine wonderful this afternoon? Katie had softball practice so Hannah & I took her to that while Nick & Em went mushroom hunting w/ Shane...since he's a "guy", I have no pictures to chronicle their great adventure (lol) but they did come home w/ enough mushrooms for a maybe an appetizer for the 6 of us! The best part is Nick & Em both found some on their own...Em more so than Nick but she's got 3 years on him :)

Hannah is back under house arrest for the next two weeks...once AGAIN, caught hiding papers w/ bad grades in her backpack...I am so absolutely frustrated w/ her that I can barely stand it. We stopped "punishing" her for bad papers months ago (mind you, the "punishment" was no TV that night which she barely watches TV anyway) so the fact that she's pulled this just shows me we're dealing w/ a respect issue...so, other than her birthday party this Saturday, no fun stuff - including the very coveted trip to Wal-mart w/ Mom. I'm open to any advice on this one!

We have a busy weekend coming up - Soccer game & big "triple threat" birthday party at the Y on Saturday then Beasley Easter & a First Communion open house on Sunday. Let's hope the nice weather holds out for it all!

1 comment:

Tera said...

Sorry, no advice for you with Hannah...but if I'm in the same boat in a few years, I'll know who to call to see how you survived. :) Hope the birthday party is a huge success!