Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm still here...

Hi all...yes, once again I've fallen behind in posting...chalk it up to being very busy - does that excuse have a statute of limitations?!

Let's flash back a couple of weeks...I was in Georgetown, Ontario (near Toronto) for 3 days for work at the beginning of the month...nothing too exciting except I didn't get my passport until 3 days before I left and I got majorly delayed in Chicago coming home and didn't actually walk thru my front door until 2:30am Thursday morning...this was the Thursday that school got delayed due to the extreme fog - yes, that's what I drove home from Louisville in - FUN FUN! Thankfully, I made it safely and was able to get a little more rest than expected w/ the school delay. The rest of that week was spent hosting our Board of Directors and catching up at work coupled w/ Katie's orthodontist appt on Thursday (yes - its going to be braces...great.) and a Mother/Daughter banquet on Friday. That weekend was spent running errands Saturday then Mothers Day breakfast w/ Shane's parents and lunch w/ the Beasley's...followed by pictures w/ my brothers (courtesy of Abbie!) for my step-mom. Exhaustion set in somewhere in the middle of all of that...

While I was gone, Shane played "Mr. Mom" - he took 3 days of vacation from work to manage the household which made it a lot easier than trying to manage a 2 hour commute every day along w/ our family's crazy schedule. They all stayed busy w/ practices, games, etc. Nick had his first Tball game of the season which I hated to miss but he did really well according to his very proud dad. I talked to the kids each night but still missed them like crazy...Sadie (our dog) also missed her "momma" - she got spayed while I was gone and didn't recover from the anathesia (sp??) very well...poor Shane had to clean up a few messes :(

Last week consisted of soccer practice, tball pictures, 2 dentist appts (one in Evansville), two Relay for Life fundraisers (no work for me, just my contributions!), 2 softball games, my cousin's bachelorette party, the Team Andrea RFL Hog Roast and trips to drop off & pick up Nick from his weekend in Evansville....again, exhausting but all ran smoothly w/ planning - my specialty!

So far, this week has again been busy but manageable...last night, Kate had a softball game in Montgomery that Shane & Em went to and Nick had a Tball makeup game that Hannah & I went to...this has been pretty much the only conflict we've encountered so far so we've been lucky! The twins have a make-up soccer game tomorrow night and Kate has another softball game Thursday night in Montgomery - then we're off to Bumpus Mills, Tennessee Friday after work to visit Mom & Scott at their weekend home on Kentucky Lake - I'll have plenty of pics to post after that visit!

I know I need to post pics of the kids at their various sporting events and I promise to do so soon...needless to say, they've all been doing really well! The twins love soccer and are so competitive - awesome to watch. Kate is really catching on to softball...I think we've found a new love! Nick is crazy about Tball...he's quickly caught on to sliding into bases and now insists on doing it at EVERY base...gotta love that laundry :)

Next week promises to be just as exciting as the recent ones - I'm sure I'll have another "book" to post next time I get on here...once again, I'll try to get better!

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

glad you posted again :) i look forward to your crazy busy updates!