Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to School

So - I've been a horrible blogger this summer but my "back to school" vow is to do a lot better! Here are the kiddos this morning - all were really excited to go back to school to see friends, meet their new teachers, and best of all...break out the new school supplies!

Katie is in 5th grade, Hannah & Em are in 4th and Nick is in 1st...all had an "awesome" first day (which is what a momma wants to hear!) and no one had any behavior issues..another good thing even though Shane doesn't think the 3 youngest can make it all week without at least one! We'll see!!

Shane's 35th birthday is tomorrow and since its a weekday, 2nd day of school, also his cousin's birthday, etc. etc., we went to Evansville on Saturday to go out to eat (Red Lobster - yummo!) and do a little shopping...can I say how much I love that my hubby likes to go shopping?! We took the kids too so it was some good family time. I'm sure the kids will say the 1st stop at the mall was their fave part of the evening - candy store :) I can't say I minded my custom Jelly Belly mix either! Tomorrow, the kids & I will all give Shane his gifts, eat dinner (his choice) then head to school for Open House...after that we'll head to his grandma's to celebrate his & his cousin's birthdays...busy busy (as usual!) We're also having a cookout this Saturday so he's basically having a week-long bday celebration...not a bad thing!

That's it for now but I'll post again SOON!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

north's open house is tomorrow night? i didn't know that!! your kids look so adorable!!

Tera said...

Good to see you posting again! Your kiddos all look so cute.

Chelsa said...

nice to see a post from you again! red lobster is my favorite :)