Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Rundown...

Unfortunately, this post will be picture-less...mostly b/c I failed to pick up the camera even once this weekend :)

The kiddos all survived the first week of school...and were excited to be going back this morning so I take that as a good sign! Tonight was our first big night of homework (ugh) but we easily got thru it and still had dinner on the table by 6:15. Its so crazy to me that Katie is giving speeches (I don't remember doing that in 5th grade!) and Nick is learning to read...they're all growing up so fast.

Katie is starting volleyball this week - practice begins tomorrow and her 1st game is the 2nd week in September...my fab friend Steph is her coach so I know she'll learn a lot and (hopefully) enjoy it. Only negative is her games are all at 3:30 - kind of sucks for those of us that work until 5pm and even worse for Shane who works an hour out of town...oh well, its only 6 games in 3 weeks so hopefully our work schedules allow us to get to them all. I'll post pics as soon.

The twins will begin fall Rec League soccer as well as practices for spring Travel soccer here in the next month - nothing like year round soccer at 9 years old! Oh well - I love the game and am thrilled to have the girls following in my footsteps...I hope its something they stay passionate about through high school. I was never in better shape than when Coach Monty was making us run our butts off all season :) Shane will be coaching while I manage the family schedule...I think I need to get one of those SUV stickers that say "Mom's Taxi" b/c that's certainly how it feels sometimes!

Nick will be playing flag football through the YMCA this fall - not sure when those games start but he's all signed up so I'm sure we'll hear something soon. I hope he does well - he's not so great when people take things from him so I hope he doesn't get too attached to those flags!! It should be a character builder for him if nothing else.

We celebrated Shane's b-day w/ a cookout on Saturday - great friends, good food & awesome weather made for a perfect night...it was a late night but still a good one! There was more than one time that I was laughing so hard that tears were running down my face...nothing like making memories w/ friends. I'm sure there will be more made in two weeks when we have our 15th year class reunion...have we really been "adults" for that long??!!!

Happy Monday to everyone...hope the rest of week is good for all!

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

good to see a post so soon after your last one ;)

sounds like ya'll are keeping busy as usual!