Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Killin' time on a Tuesday morning...

Another school delay has me home (again) for 2 extra hours today...not that I mind the time at home, it just puts me behind at work so the rest of the day will be crazier than usual...I guess I should be used to craziness by now huh? We all survived our return to the real world yesterday...the kids all had good days - all stayed on "green" all day in their classrooms so that's a pretty major feat right there :) Nick told us last night that his teacher said she'd "forgotten" some of the classroom rules since they had been off school for so long so the kids had to "remind" her of the hallway & bathroom rules...pretty sneaky way for her to get the kids to remember the rules!! I asked him if maybe that's what she was doing but he said "I'm serious Mom - she didn't remember!"...Nick & his "I'm serious" comments crack me up....here's a pic of our little man playing Leapster last night.

Shane & I are looking forward to our weekend trip to Indy on Saturday w/ Steph & Stacy McClure for Steph & I's birthdays....her's was 12/23 & mine is 1/23 so we picked a weekend in the middle! We're staying at the Westin (love love love their feather beds & dual head showers!) so we'll be downtown close to everything. We plan on a little shopping once we get there since we're right next to Circle Center Mall then going out to eat and heading to Howl At The Moon - its a dueling piano bar which, if you've never been to one, we highly recommend it! The musicians are so talented and they can play absolutely any song you can think of from the piano classics of Billy Joel & Elton John to rock songs from 80's "hair bands". We'll head home on Sunday so it will be a short trip but since we all have kiddos, we'll want to get home to them. Nick will be in Evansville visiting the Coy's and the girls are going to my dad & step-mom's so they'll all have a fun weekend too.

I need to go - I have 3 heads of hair to get styled, 4 sets of teeth to brush check, 8 coats/backpacks to find....and a partridge in a pear tree! Hope everyone makes this blah Tuesday a good one!

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

Howl at the Moon is sooo much fun!! Hope you guys have a great time!