Monday, October 13, 2008

Catch up...

So, it's been entirely tooooo long since I've posted! Last week was absolute chaos at work (I termed it "A Week of Mondays" if that gives any indication...) and we had soccer practice, a make-up soccer game, haircuts & school pictures, Nick's first official Kindergarten field trip (Shane chaperoned) then finally...the weekend!

The weekend didn't prove to be any calmer...Saturday brought us laundry, a soccer game, laundry, Shane & Nick to the race track, laundry (we have a loooot of laundry around here!), lunch at Snack Shack for the girls & I, Wal-mart for Halloween costumes & the required accessories (hello - I have 3 girls), Kate to a friend's house for a few hours, the twins & I to buy mums then went to Mass, picked up Kate then went to Shane's aunt & uncle's house for a wienie roast. We got home around 9pm then 6 showers later...fell into bed!

THEN, Sunday started with a monumentous event - Nick lost his first tooth! It was a little traumatic on both Nick & I (for different reasons of course) but Shane came in for the save & yanked the tooth out...thanks Dad! After that drama, we took the girls to Religion Class then headed north to drop Nick off at Anna's so Shane & I could head to Indy for a Colts game....totally sweet seats too - free tickets sitting in the corner of the end zone! A double plus! Theresa picked up the girls and kept them all day so all 4 kiddos had a great day. We all got home around 7pm which gave us enough time for another round of showers before hitting the sack. WHEW - what a weekend! Here's some pics...




I don't think this week is going to be much calmer...we had another make-up soccer game tonight (played muuuuuch better than Saturday, thank goodness!), tomorrow starts the Book Fair at school which I will be working at for my required 2 hours, then the Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet tomorrow night (I'll definitely have a picture of me from that event to post but I'll save the details for later), Parent/Teacher Conferences on Wednesday along w/ 1/2 school days Wed & Thurs and no school on Friday...wowza!

I think that's enough for now...I'm going to go catch up on everyone else's blogs that I haven't read for a week!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Goodness gracious you are the busiest person I know. Glad to see you are doing well. We need to get together. I am going to plan now for a Saturday that we can come visit for lunch at the Black Buggy. With all of the kiddo stuff, are there any Saturdays that stick out?

Unknown said...

Yeah you really sound busy... SLOW DOWN. I know there is no time for that huh. But hey at least you and the hubby found time to spend together. That is great, and what a great game. Hope everything is great your way.

Tera said...

How exciting on Nick losing his first tooth! It's so nice to hear that you and Shane find some quality couple time in your busy lives with 4 kiddos.