Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Fall Y'all!

I've said it before but I'll say it again - I LOVE FALL! I could really do without the other 3 seasons but I guess that wouldn't be much fun. The girls & I went to Etienne's & got pumpkins/gourds on Saturday so I've actually, for the first time, got a "fall scene" on my front porch...corn stalks, straw bale, mums, etc. The corn is courtesy of my father-in-law and the straw was picked up by Shane so this has truly been a family effort! After school today, we decorated pumpkins w/ the kids...I found these totally cool "Mr. Pumpkin-Head" kits at Walmart and the kids had a blast picking out the eyes/ears/nose/mouth combos for their pumpkins.





The fun didn't stop w/ the pumpkins...the kids have been trying to rake together a pile of leaves for a week but the trees weren't cooperating. But today, they were finally successful - of course, this meant raiding the neighbor's yard but I really don't think they'll mind!

Here's our weekend re-cap...
  • We went to Buffalo Wild Wings Friday night w/ the girls then stopped at Lic's on the way home - pumpkin pie ice cream - YUM! I started fighting a head cold on Friday and it stuck w/ me most of the weekend but the ice cream helped :)
  • On Saturday, Shane headed to the race track to drag race his newest creation - did pretty well for his class. The girls & I had our last soccer game - beat the only undefeatable team left! Our record ended up being 4-1-1 so I was very proud of our team. After the game, the girls & I had lunch, went to Etienne's for pumpkins then came home where this momma took a much needed nap b/c my cold was kicking in. After Shane got home, I got the girls dressed in their costumes for Ed & Theresa's "Hallo-wienie Roast" and we headed out - the weather was absolutely perfect for hotdogs & marshmallows.
  • Nick went to Evansville this weekend to visit his baby sister Ana and they went to the zoo and got their pictures taken. He brought home a lovely rubber snake from the zoo (watch out Gramma Cindy - he says he's bringing it w/ him next weekend to Bumpus Mills!). After I picked him up Sunday, we came home & gathered the rest of the gang to go out to Beth & Dad's for lunch...it was great to visit w/ them & Daniel...our lives are all so busy that sometimes the weeks get away from us so I'm glad we were able to spend a few hours with them on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.
And now we're here...another work week. Not so busy this week which is absolutely fine w/ me!

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Those are probably the cutest pictures I've ever seen:)!!!!!! It made me miss the kids soooo much and I had to call mom over to look so she could "ohhhh" and "ahhhh." Love you, babe, and hope you have a wonderful, RELAXING week!!

Jen said...

I am going to go to Wal*Mart and see if I can't find those pumpkin faces. Alexandria would just love that. It is like a MR. Potato head, but better!

Jenelle said...

Another Mom said their child said there was like 10 kids on red. maybe it was the 3 day weekend!! Gunnar just saw Nck's picture and said "Hey that's my friend!!"

Unknown said...

Adorable photos, Chas. I love that everyone has blogs now so we can keep caught up!!