Thursday, October 16, 2008

Parent/Teacher Conferences

For those of you who know my children, you can imagine my, um, let's say, "anticipation" re: attending parent/teacher conferences! Not that I have bad kids; I actually have absolutely great kids but, they also have a great amount of energy & precociousness! Especially the younger three...

Here's a rundown of the conferences:

Katie - her teacher referred to her as an "angel" - no surprises there! Teachers always love Kate b/c she's such a sweetie and wants to please. She's doing really well in keeping up with the class but does need to work on her speed & reading comprehension.

Hannah - our social butterfly! Thankfully she's improved her mid-term grades - really had nowhere to go but up on one of them :) She's reading very well and loves her "chapter" books. Her area of opportunity is definitely in paying attention to the details...something Miss Ants-in-Her-Pants struggles with.

Emily - my combo kid - Katie's sweetness & Hannah's energy! Em is in 3rd grade and reading at a 5th grade level which thrills me to death - my fave thing in the world to do other than spend time w/ family & friends is reading a good book so I love it that my kids enjoy books too. Em's teacher describes her as "bright but bossy" - that's our Emily! She needs to work on keeping on task but other than that, her grades are very good.

And finally, Nick - Mr. Kindergarten. Nick has a first year teacher so I didn't know what to expect but it went well - she thinks he's very smart but doesn't always want to share what's in his head. I don't know where he could possibly get any stubbornness...LOL! He's all boy which leads to rough-housing w/ other boys so he needs to learn to keep his hands to himself, but all in all, he's doing great!

So, another round of P/T conferences done with...can't wait 'til the next one!

No comments: