Thursday, October 2, 2008

You're my inspiration...

Do you all have those people in your life that inspire you? It could be someone you barely know or one that you've known your entire life...I have several and they all inspire me in different ways and for different reasons...

My parents - for obvious reasons! My mom & dad faced a tough decision when they found themselves expecting me - young, not married, conservative families - but they gave it go and did what not everyone else would have done - got married, moved to Alabama for Dad's work & had me! While they didn't stay married, they made me feel loved and both went on to marry other people MUCH better suited for them. They've inspired me to be a loving, tolerant parent - who is still working on having more patience!

Nancy Epperson - my boss at my first "real" job out of college. Nancy was my mentor and such a strong woman in a very male dominated company. She wanted us all to keep learning - she involved us in things that she didn't have to because she knew we would take that knowledge with us. She inspired me to be a strong woman, a compassionate boss and a good friend.

Abbie Raber - my cousin & little sister. Ab's easy going demeanor may fool a lot of people into thinking she's a pushover but she's surprising a lot of people lately...her faith leads her and she's an amazing mom - two things that will guide her in her quest for answers in this rough time in her life. She's inspired me to stand by my beliefs no matter what others are telling me to do.

Jennifer Zimmer - my closest friend from college. Jen worked full time and went to school while being married to her best friend...her & Tony provided a safe haven for Nick & I when we left Steve. Her unwavering support was priceless and her work ethic inspiring! Now, with 2 beautiful kids, a full time career and that same best friend, she's working on her 2nd Masters degree while coming to terms with her son's developmental delays. Jen has inspired me to never stop wanting more in life - even when we have to work hard to get it.

Ernie Beasley - my maternal grandpa. Never have I met a more tolerant, patient man who's quiet strength has led our family to be the solid group that we are...I should include Grandma Grace too b/c we all know that half of a man's strength lies in the woman who stands beside him. My grandparents are supportive even if they may not agree with our choices. They have inspired me to always value family, the good, the bad & the ugly!

I could keep going...but I'll leave those for future posts! I hope all of you take some time to think about your inspirations in life...and don't take them for granted.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Seriously, I am setting at my desk right now crying like a baby. I love you dearly and I mean that with all my heart!