Tuesday, September 30, 2008

School delay...

Since I'm home this morning w/ the kiddos due to the 2-hour fog school delay, I thought I'd post...not that I have a lot to talk about but hey, I can always find something :)

Nick absolutely is not understanding the whole school delay concept - he keeps telling me we're late for school! Which is funny b/c he's the one kid who asks e-v-e-r-y morning "Do we have school?" - not because he wants to go; he'd much rather hang out at home! Or go to Abbie/Anna's - if I had a dollar for every time he has asked to go see Anna/Ab/Max/etc., I wouldn't have to work!

Hannah is grounded....AGAIN. I did a random backpack search Sunday nite & found school papers w/ bad grades stashed in a pocket. I don't mean 1 or 2 papers - try 10 of 15 papers...all w/ a grade of "C" or worse. The little stinker! We have a rule here at home that if you bring home a grade of C or worse and I know that it was something you rushed through or just didn't follow the directions, you don't get to watch any TV that night. Now, if it was something difficult/new/etc., I can understand so we go over the paper and all is well. Hannah had been stashing these papers away for a few weeks - only giving me her pretty little A's & B's...well that sure backfired on her! She's grounded from going anywhere and no phone calls to friends thru this coming Sunday. What am I going to do with her?! The worst thing is - she doesn't even really like TV much (she can't sit still) so she would have been much better off just taking the punishment each time it came around!!

Emily & Katie are maintaining the status quo...no major issues at school and minding their Ps & Qs at home too. Of course we'll always have Kate's never-ending fascination w/ TV (um, I think she would watch corn growing if it was on TV!) and Em's "big" personality (i.e. sass-talker!) but hey, that's who they are and we love 'em!

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

you're kids sound wonderful :)