Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yard Sales & Family Reunions...

Wow - what a busy weekend! Abbie & I spent a lot of quality time together this past week getting ready for our yard sale on Saturday - which was totally great b/c I don't get a lot of time w/ Ab without others around so it was good to just hang out; albeit surrounded by TONS of yard sale stuff! We had a great turnout - they started coming around 7:30am and didn't stop until after noon. And...we'll be doing it again next weekend :) We didn't realize this coming weekend (10/4) is the Annual Cumback Yard Sale which is an organized "neighborhood" yard sale so we're cleaning out closets and finding more stuff to sell! I went thru the girls' rooms/closets this afternoon so we'll have girl clothes this weekend which we didn't have the first go'round. SO - if you know anyone needing/wanting the following, send them our way (Troy Road south of the Bypass to 400S - follow the hot pink signs!): boys clothes (newborn-4T), girls clothes (4-6X), household items, toys, womens clothes (S/M), baby items, etc. etc.

Today was Shane's family reunion (his Gma Lela's side of the family) at the Conservation Club in Washington - complete w/ the required pickup softball game w/ 3 generations playing & the 4th cheering them on...love it! Though I have to say...my hubby is getting older! Shane & his cousin Jesse (who talk a lot of 'smack' to each other) both agree that the game gets harder as the years go by. Katie played too & did a great job; Hannah & Em were taking a walk w/ Mickey, Sarah & Deanna and Nick was pouting b/c he didn't want to play the field - he only wanted to bat so I told him he couldn't play...I know, I'm such a mean mommy.

Here's Shane rounding the bases:



Tonight - Shane is totally indulging me by letting me watch the brand new VH1 "Behind the Music" - NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK! Can't you just hear the girlish screams?! I'm totally cracking up that they're releasing new material but hey, props to them for giving it a go - I can still remember Abbie & our cousin Cassie Trueblood in their NKOTB t-shirts when they came to see us at cheer camp my freshman year in high school...too funny!

October is almost here...my favorite time of the year! We're heading to Mom & Scott's "country" house at the end of the month & the kids are pretty excited - they love going to the house in Bumpus Mills, TN (Kentucky Lake) b/c they get to play outside allll day long, riding the Kubota all-terrain & the 4-wheeler. Gramma Cindy always has a great craft project for them too which they totally dig. While I prefer the "city" house in Brentwood (south of Nashville) for the restaurants & shopping, I usually get out-voted by Shane & the kids on where we visit my parents...5-1 isn't great odds! Oh well, I guess I can "rough it" in the country every now & then!

Here's to another week - hope everyone has a good one!

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

great to meet you at the yard sale :)