Monday, September 1, 2008

The lost post....



Wow - its been too long since I sat down & posted! It's been a great four day weekend....here's a rundown of what we've been up to:


On Friday, Shane & I headed to Indy for our "anniversary weekend" - we dropped the kids off at school, went to breakfast at the Steamer then headed north. Our first stop was Bloomington where we did a little shopping then stopped by Oliver Winery for tastings, shopping & a snack - yum! Here's a couple of pics...




We headed to Indy after Oliver...we were able to check into our hotel early then stopped for another "snack" (what happened to regular meals??!) before changing our clothes & heading downtown. We checked out Circle Center Mall for awhile - totally looking for a pair of cheap shoes since the impractical sandals I was wearing were causing blisters - hey, I'm a girl and sometimes, well, fashion hurts! Anyway, didn't find any I was willing to drop cash on so I suffered on...


We headed over to Victory Field - Home of the Indianapolis Indians - for a perfect night for baseball...the weather was great, the hotdogs were hot & the beer was cold....awesome! Here's a couple of pics our "section usher" took of us.






We headed over to "Howl at the Moon" after the game - Shane & I first went to one of these "dueling" piano bars in Chicago a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it! If you ever get a chance to go, do it! The musicians are very talented and put on a great show!


We were up the next morning - bright & early - to head over to O'Reilly Raceway Park for the NHRA Mac Tools US Nationals...yes, drag racing. This was my gift to Shane for our anniversary - the traditional 1st anniversary gift is paper so he got paper tickets to this event! Anyway - after stopping at Starbucks for a very necessary caffeine boost, we headed to the track and got there @ 8am. I won't go into all of the details but the day was pretty cool - Shane was a like a little kid in a candy store and I was amazed at how close we could get to the drivers/cars. We had great seats right on the starting line. Here's us in the stands:



After THIRTEEN hours and a nice sunburn...we finally left! We were so tired when we left that all we could manage to do for dinner was stop at the first Hardee's we found, got to the hotel, showered & hit the sack.


NOTE: This is where I thought I lost the post so that's all I've got!

No comments: