Sunday, September 7, 2008

I'm Baaaack!

Yes, I know....its been 2 weeks since I've posted - sorry!! I worked on a post for 20 minutes after Shane & I got back from our anniversary weekend in Indy - it had pics & all - but my computer "hiccuped" and I though I lost it all....leading to me getting fairly ticked off so I shut down the computer!! However, I just found that post in my "drafts" so I guess I shouldn't have gotten ticked huh? I'll post it separately here shortly once I get the pictures in place.

Anyway - short re-cap of our Indy/Labor Day weekend - had a great time at Oliver Winery, shopping, Indians baseball game, Howl At the Moon, 13 (yes, 13) hours at the drag races then back home to get the kids, visit the Round Barn Centennial celebration, have Ed & Theresa over for lunch on Labor Day then back to work. Woooo - busy 4 days!

This past week was pretty busy too - Soccer draft Tuesday night, Evansville for kids' dental appts Wednesday afternoon, first soccer practice (I'm coaching!) in the pouring down rain Thursday night (hey, we lasted longer than some football boys that were practicing nearby!) then a fairly low key weekend ever since.

The kids have been fairy rambunctious (sp?) lately - typical kid stuff but I do have a couple of cute stories to share. Last Monday, I took Em to Wal-mart with me b/c she had $10 burning a hole in her piggy bank from selling her Go Diego! playset to Patty for her grandson...we were at the checkout and she dug her wallet out of her purse & handed over her hard-earned cash. As the checkout lady was finalizing the transaction, Em turned to me and whispered, "How much do I tip her Mom?" - cracked me up! I whispered back that we don't have to tip the Walmart lady & she very seriously said "Ok, I just wanted to make sure."!! Ah the innocence of kids!!

Cute kid story #2 - I was in our bathroom putting on makeup this morning and the window was open which faces our driveway. All 4 kids were outside when our neighbor Avery and her two cousins came over, one of which was a first grade boy. I listened intently as my two 3rd grade daughters proceeded to flirt with him (yes, its started already) then he had to leave. I started teasing them thru the window by saying I couldn't believe they were flirting w/ a younger "man" - of course they started squealing & laughing when Nick piped up and very seriously said "What's flirting??" I couldn't help but laugh b/c I'm sure our son will figure out flirting very quickly when his 3 older sisters start bringing their friends home!

This week starts Jump Rope Club (Mondays) and Just Say No Club (Tuesdays) for the girls, soccer practice Wednesday & Thursday for the twins, Homecoming parade (Just Say No Club is marching in it) on Friday then our first soccer game Saturday morning. Never a boring moment around here!!

No comments: