Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Family weekend...

Back to real reason I started this blog...my family! We had a great weekend w/ lots of running here & there...Saturday morning was spent at the soccer field (we're 2-0!) then the rest of the afternoon was centered around getting ready for the car cruise. Shane & I "cruised" w/ Gma & Papa Beasley in Great Grandpa Beasley's '67 Ford Galaxie...only 70,000 original miles! We had such a great time - from the chili supper beforehand to all of the candy we threw. The kids were all at Gma Lela's (happy belated birthday Grandma!) for the cruise then went home w/ Gma Theresa & Papa Ed for the night. We met up with Mom (yay - my mom was home!), Peg & Sharon at the park after the cruise then ended up at Sharon & John's for her fake margarita's...who would have ever known Squirt made a good margarita?!

I picked the kids up Sunday morning then got the girls to Religion class...Nick & I picked them up after class & headed to Anna's for another famous "Beasley Birthday Lunch"...yes, there are enough of us that we have to get together every month for birthdays. Love it! Not sure what I do without my family or what kind of person I'd be...I truly believe we are a product of how we're raised so kudos to my fam that I'm fairly normal :) This month was Big Nick, Tracy, Delbert & Clay's b-days...the food was great, the weather was beautiful and the family was fabulous! Nick & Max were typical boys - filthy head to toe - and the girls ran around w/ Hannah B (cousin) being silly girls riding the golf cart.



Abbie & Mom (Cindy)

Speaking of all of my family...the kids & I had a pretty funny conversation Saturday morning. Emily asked if they were spending the night with "Grandma" that night...I asked "Which grandma?" and she got irritated w/ me for asking what she thought was a silly question. I then had to remind her that she has: Grandma Beasley, Grandma Lela, Gramma Cindy, Grandma Beth & Grandma Theresa....what lucky kids!! The even have Grandma Gloria in California (Scott's mom) that they haven't been able to meet yet. And - they have almost as many grandpas to go with them....how blessed we are!

If you have time - check out my blog list - I've added my cousin Lauren's who decided to join the crazy world of blogging. I'm sure she'll be able to entertain us w/ stories from IU...keep it clean sister - you never know who's reading your posts! I've also added "Delaney's Dream"...tragic story of a young man who passed away recently and his fiancee's struggle to cope. Patrick's aunt Patty works w/ me and I think of her family everyday...keep them in your prayers.

No comments: