Monday, August 25, 2008

Our 1st Anniversary...

Happy 1st Anniversary to us! I sometimes try to remember what life was like before Shane & the girls became part of Nick & I's life and I just struggle to remember that time because we're such a perfect fit. We all became what each other needed...a husband to a wife, a mother to daughters, a father to a son, a brother to sisters. As corny as it sounds, I feel we were all meant to be exactly where we are today; even though the road here was preeeetty bumpy at times!

For those of you who don't know Shane & I's story....we actually dated briefly my senior year of H.S./Shane's freshman year of college but life happened and we went our separate ways. We both went through college, married people totally not suited to us, had beautiful kid(s) then divorced. I was ending my engagement to Wrong Guy #2 around the time of my 10 year class reunion in 2004. Shane's best friend Tim graduated w/ me so he & his wife Holly invited Shane & his floozy of the moment (totally can't remember her name!) to our reunion. I was leaving to return to Evansville at the same time Shane was heading to the ATM (to get more $$ to by the aforementioned floozy another drink!) when we stopped to talk on the sidewalk, shared pics of the cute kids we both were raising and exchanged email addresses. I moved home to Daviess County a month later in October and Shane & I started talking via email & text messages. We had our (2nd) First Date on October 30th, encountered some ups and downs over the next few months then before you know it, were engaged exactly one year later on 10/30/05. Nick & I moved in w/ Shane & the girls in Feb. 06 and this crazy family was born! Now, here we are, 1 year after our "I do's" and I can't imagine my life without these 5 people. They make me laugh, make me cry, stress me out, keep me grounded, remind me what is important about life every day, give me stories to tell for the next 50 years.....and totally complete me. This isn't just Shane & I's anniversary, its our family's....

No comments: