Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Downhill slide

Its Wednesday so we're on the downhill slide of the work week! Shane & I both deal w/ the "working parent" guilts so we're always glad to see Friday come. I long for the day that I can go part time so I don't have to juggle work/home priorities quite so much...our kids are getting to the age that they're starting to get involved w/ more activities and our family schedule gets pretty hectic. I can't even imagine how it will be as they get older! Shane & I were both really active in sports/clubs/friends so we hope for the same for the kids. My Dove chocolate wisdom for today was "Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can" - there are definitely days that I feel I can't fit it all in but I guess I should "trust the chocolate" :)

Its pretty quiet here in the house right now...the three younger kids are outside w/ Shane - they absolutely love being outdoors and will stay outside pretty much all day if you let them. Katie on the other hand is more like me - we don't like to sweat/get dirty so we're the insiders! Its absolutely crazy b/c I was such a tomboy as a kid - I've said it before...the older I get, the prissier I get!! I think we're going to take the kids to Spring Mill State Park on Saturday to hike/cave/picnic and I'm absolutely thrilled that the weather is supposed to cool down majorly - I'll definitely enjoy it better at 82 degrees than 95 :)

Shane's birthday is coming up on the 18th along w/ our 1st anniversary on the 25th so we have a lot to celebrate this month...we'll be having a cookout on Saturday the 16th for his 34th b-day then we'll both take Monday the 18th as a vacation day to do whatever he wants to do...just the two of us! One of our "happy marriage" secrets is we make it a priority to be "Shane & Chasity" sometimes, not just "Dad & Mom"...we've done that ever since we started dating since we were dating w/ 4 kids! He's mentioned canoeing on Blue River as a possiblility but I'm secretly hoping he goes w/ his other idea - road trip to Bloomington to go to our favorite winery (Oliver) and eat at a good restaurant. We'll drop the kiddos off at school then be back in time to pick them up when school lets out (instead of at 5:15 when I normally pick them up). We all win!

We also have plans for our anniversary...since the traditional 1st anniversary gift is paper, I bought tickets for us to go to the NHRA drag races in Indy....I know, not exactly my fave thing in the world but I'll enjoy it b/c Shane is so excited. We're going to stay in Indy for 2 nights so I know we'll eat well & enjoy some other activities too. (i.e. SHOPPING!!)

No comments: