Friday, August 8, 2008

Katie....the ROCKSTAR!


I guess you all probably didn't know that our daughter Katie is actually mega-rockstar Miley Cyrus but I had to let out our secret since there's now picture evidence! Kate's friend Emma is having a "Hollywood" birthday party/sleepover tonight and all of the guests are coming as their fave star so Kate chose Miley....because she has brown hair unlike Hannah Montana who's blond (Kate felt the need to explain this to me)! Not sure who Emma is supposed to be but, oh well! The limo arrived to pick Katie up and they're on their way to the red carpet at Emma's house where the "paparazzi" has staked out the party....I'm sure they're going to have soooo much fun!


Today is also my mom Cindy's birthday - HAPPY 51ST MOM!!! Talk about a gal who doesn't act her age!! As she always says - you're only as old as you feel...why do I feel like I'm 90 some days?? Oh yeah...I have 4 very energetic kids between the ages of 5-9...I forgot - must be getting senile :) Back to my mom - I doubt I tell her near enough how absolutely fabulous she is - she's always so positive about life and can always cheer me up...she even tries when I want to sulk - this usually leads to a slight disagreement but we get over it quickly! Shane & I are so looking forward to our vacation to Hawaii w/ Mom & Scott in February...I don't usually wish days away but I'd really like for Feb. to get here sooner rather than later (!)...not just for the opportunity to see Hawaii but also to hang w/ Mom & Scott. I'm sure we'll have some stories to tell after that trip!
I better get outside...we're roasting wienies over the fire pit tonight since the weather is so beautiful...s'mores too! Hope everyone has outdoor plans this weekend - we don't often get such gorgeous weather in mid-August....


No comments: