Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1st Day of School

We all survived the 1st day of school!!! I actually think...check that - know I had the hardest time of us all! The girls were fabulous "big" sisters and Nick was such a little man - I was the baby!! I knew it would be hard...heck, I cried last year and the girls were in 2nd & 3rd grades...we alllll knew this year would probably be the hardest on me - at least until Katie graduates high school!

I was so anxious to pick them up from after-school care so I could hear about their days...Katie's best part of the day was seeing her friends, Hannah loves her teacher and classroom, Emily was excited about her friends and recess and Nick....well, Nick couldn't name a favorite part but his friend Luke from the YMCA is in his class so I'm thrilled that he had someone he knew close by. When I picked them up, they were all playing and looked like such happy kids...made this mom's heart smile :) Now, let's just hope Day 2 goes as smoothly!

No comments: