Friday, August 1, 2008

My first blog...

Hi everyone - I've decided to enter the crazy world of blogging to keep the world up-to-date on the Matthews' family "madness" - definitely how I describe Shane & I's world w/ 4 kiddos between the ages of 5 - 9!

We're getting geared up for school to start on 8/12....each of the kids went w/ me alone to pick out school supplies so that was a little one-on-one time that doesn't happen often enough in our household. I don't know what they enjoyed most - new school supplies or getting to pick out whatever drink they wanted at the gas station on the way to Walmart! I didn't even veto the caffeinated drinks like I normally do :) Katie will be in 4th grade, Hannah & Emily are heading into 3rd and our "baby" Nick is finally going to "big school" (his words) and starting kindergarten. Finally - all four kids in one location...I won't know what to do with that extra 20 minutes a day!

Shane is working like crazy at MasterBrand but he likes his job (most days anyway) so that makes the long hours ok sometimes....of course he'd love to work closer to home and has "working dad guilts" on a weekly basis but he knows my anal-retentive self is keeping the homefront organized. The kids are always so excited when he gets home - I hope that never changes!

I'm still at Olon and, like Shane, enjoy my job for the most part...I work w/ good people and we don't have the BS that most jobs have - at least we don't at our Washington location :)

I better sign-off now so I'll have more to talk about later....now the fun part of setting up this blog page how I want it!

No comments: