Sunday, August 24, 2008

Another weekend that flew by...

Another great weekend @ the Matthews house...nothing too exciting but a good one nonetheless. Yesterday was spent on chores (yuck), my weekly trip to Walmart (my "me" time - how sad!) then Ed & Theresa (my in-laws) came over for dinner to celebrate Ed's birthday. His b-day is actually tomorrow which is also Shane & I's 1st anniversary. We told Ed that by getting married on his birthday, we were giving him the perpetual gift of his grandkids every year on his b-day....so Shane & I could go out to eat :) Well, that's already backfired b/c they've gone out of town!!! Sneaky little suckers aren't they?! Luckily, Shane's aunt (Mickey) is going to come take the kiddos out to eat so Shane & I can go out for dinner....love her!!

Today was a fairly low-key today - I went to Lisa's bridal shower this afternoon which was fun - young love is too cute! Em was gone most of the day b/c she spent the night w/ a friend; Shane & Kate helped Gma Lela & Aunt DeeDee move some furniture; Hannah is still on house arrest so she was around the house and Nick was just hanging out...nothing much phases him as long as he has his trucks & cars to play with!

The house is quiet b/c the kids are in bed...and of course, we're watching pre-season football - fun! This week is another 4-day week for Shane & I b/c we're heading to Indy on Friday to celebrate our anniversary - think of me while I'm at drag racing alllll day on Saturday!!

No comments: