Monday, November 3, 2008

Solo parenting for a few days...

Yep - the kids are stuck w/ me as their only parent for a few days...Shane is in Virginia on a business trip so I'm flying solo until Wednesday. I wish I could take "business trips" to Virginia Beach and stay in a hotel on the beach! He's auditing their sandpaper vendor so I guess they had to "jazz up" the trip somehow to get him to go!

The girls had their fall music program tonight (yes, I video-taped it so Shane has 45 fascinating minutes to watch when he gets home LOL) which was entertaining as always. Emily really had the rhythm tonight and she was smiling the entire time; Hannah looked like she was in pain and only smiled when she looked at me (hello - I was the one w/ the camera!); and Katie...well, I couldn't decide whether she was having fun or if she was getting ready to cry! She said she had fun so we'll go with that...

I think I'm going to subject Nick & I to a little pain tomorrow night & take the girls to High School Musical 3...we hardly ever go to the movies - for various reasons including 4 trips to the bathroom since no one has to "go" at the same time - but I thought it would be fun & keep the kids' minds off the fact that Dad isn't home. So think of poor Nick and I tomorrow night around 6:45ish while a bunch of 20-somethings are dancing, singing and acting like high school kids - oooh fun!

No comments: