Saturday, November 15, 2008

Such a dreary day...

what a yucky Saturday!! Maybe we needed more rain than I thought but I think we're good now! I went out this morning to check on Buster & Hershey (our dogs) and practically flooded them out when I dumped the water out of the tarp over their kennel...they were snug & dry though in their doghouse so I guess I shouldn't have been so worried about "the babies"!

Our day has been fairly uneventful...Shane & Nick went out to his parents for awhile so the girls & I hung out here doing the normal Saturday morning routine - laundry, cleaning, etc. Katie had a game around noon - we got beat (again) - but my Aunt Peg came to watch so that was a plus! Aunt Peggy has been the girls' biggest soccer fan!

Nothing else too exciting has happened since then...a trip to Wal-mart (Hi Renee', Honey & Lisha!) for some "me time"...how sad :)...but I did get a few small Christmas gifts out of the way. Hard to believe Christmas is only 6 weeks away...

I talked to Mom this morning...it must have been the weather but we immediately started talking about our trip to Hawaii coming up in February...absolutely CAN'T WAIT!!! While it will be hard to be away from the kids for 8 days, we're super excited about going! Our kiddos will get some quality time w/ their other grandparents (besides Mom & Scott who'll be drinking mai tai's on the beach w/ us!) though so I know they'll be fine. I rarely wish time away but February can come as quickly as it wants!

I guess I've rambled enough...we're all hanging out here in the living room watching a movie...almost bed times for the kids - then....peace & quiet :)

No comments: