Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Some cute kid stories...

Its been awhile since I posted (sorry - writer's block) so I have a few stories to share...

The kids have been dying to play in the leaf pile in the front yard for over a week but its been too cold/wet/yucky/etc. This weekend was finally nice enough and they totally took advantage of it! Sometimes it was all four of them piled in it and other times it was just one or two. The funniest thing I heard the entire time came from Emily - they were playing store/house and she said "I'm making a 30-minute meal" - seems like she's caught on to my daily addiction to Rachel Ray on the Food Network :)

Saturday was Thanksgiving at my Grandma & Papa Beasley's...waaaay too much food but it was awesome! Mom came home too so that was an added bonus. Before we left home to head to Raglesville, Shane was teasing Nick telling him how "pretty" he was in his sweater...Nick promptly replied that "Dad, girls are pretty; boys are AWESOME" - Shane & I got a good laugh out of that one!

Hannah sat in the front seat w/ me on the way to Grandma's - only because her dad wanted to sit in the middle seat & watch "Transformers"...pretty sad that the newest TV & best sound system we own are in our Tahoe! Anyway, as they were all watching a chase scene, Nick comments on how fast they were going...this prompts Shane to lecture his 5-YEAR-OLD that when he's sixteen, he better not get caught speeding! I had to break the news to Shane that Nick barely remembers to flush the potty on a daily basis - I highly doubted this particular talk was going to stick for the next 11 years - LOL!

Katie & I's soccer team FINALLY won a game last night...you'd think we won a tournament the way the kids (& parents) were cheering!! The kids on my team are so great - such different personalities but all good kids. We have 2 more games in the season - let's hope we've started a win streak :) Kate has been such a trooper - for being the only girl on a team of aggressive boys, she's held her own...she had a chance to score last night but the shot bobbled off her foot - oh well, she still had that sweet smile on her face!

We're looking forward to Thanksgiving with the Deitz family on Thursday - more of my fave foods and good times w/ family. Shane & I will make our annual shopping trip on Friday - we don't go to Evansville (I lived there for close to 10 years - I REFUSE to shop there on Black Friday!) but we shop here locally & in Vincennes. I have quite a bit of shopping already done but we've got plenty more to do...we're cutting back this year like most people but trust me, we had room to cut back! I'm currently trying to convince Shane to buy the kids a trampoline...I've got a few more weeks to work on him...

Its almost bedtime here for the kids...better go start our routine! It takes a little bit of time to get all four thru teeth-brushing/potty/hugs/kisses/endless stall techniques like questions about tomorrow/etc. etc.

Hope everyone has a safe & happy Turkey Day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chas-I picked up your blog from Jen. Glad to read that you are doing so well! I too am going shopping on Friday but will be in Evansville. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Randi

Jenelle said...

Trampolines are on sale Black Friday at Walmart, you can pass a deal up like that!!! Good Luck!

Tera said...

We got the girls a trampoline for their birthday. I researched several sites and Wal-Mart definitely has the best deals (even better than Sam's?!). We got the 14'...I'd get at least that big with all 4 of your kiddos. I might see you out in Vincennes on Friday...I'm going to skip the eville trip too.