Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Out of hibernation....

ok, so I haven't been hibernating...life has just been especially hectic for the last 2 weeks...good & bad but I'll focus on the good! This past weekend was a busy one...Friday night was our Olon party at the bowling alley - good food & a visit from Santa. Saturday morning, the kids & I went to see Miss Mouse at the Courthouse - we love going every year...cookie decorating, christmas stories, letters to Santa & a pic w/ Miss Mouse herself.

Enjoying our cookies


Posing w/ Miss Mouse


Saturday afternoon was spent at my Gma & Papa Beasley's for the annual Farley Christmas dinner...more fab food and another visit from Santa (a.k.a. Big Nick) - Nick did a great job for the 2nd year in a row and his dad Dan was visiting from Arizona so he got to enjoy the fun. My Nick (a.k.a. Little Nick) came up & very seriously said, "I think that's Big Nick, Mom" so I acted completely surprised even though I had just been upstairs duct-taping the pillow around "Santa's" waist to fill out the costume!

On Sunday, we hosted our 4th annual Cookie Decorating Party at our house - I hope this tradition continues for many years b/c I love watching the kids each year and how much they've changed. Cousin Max & friends Madi & Molly come each year too. Max wins the "Most Sprinkles on a Single Cookie" award while Molly gets the "I Licked Every One of My Cookies" award! I wouldn't be surprised if Max suffered from a sugar coma after eating one of his cookies :)


So, we took "The Picture" tonight - our Christmas card pic of the kids....I must say they did a great job & totally catered to their mom by wearing the matching jammies that I bought them...AND santa hats! I won't post the actual pic but here's a funny one showing their bellies. They're doing this b/c I had to keep tugging their jammie tops down during the pictures b/c these aren't exactly high quality PJs (they shrank horribly when I washed them - and no, its not b/c of how I washed them!)


This coming coming weekend isn't as crazy but busy nonetheless...Friday night is Shane's company party for the management team - appropriately enough in Santa Claus, Indiana. Nick is supposed to go to Evansville but we may have to re-schedule b/c he has the same head cold that Katie & Shane have...normally wouldn't be that big of an issue but he can't be sick around his baby sister Ana due to her being a preemie. So he may be joining his sisters in spending the night at Papa Ed & Gma Theresa's on Friday. Not much on Saturday other than normal chores (and my weekly 8 high capacity loads of laundry - yuck!) but we'll be heading to Anna's on Sunday for Clay's graduation open house. So hard to believe "Bubby" is old enough to be graduating college!! Makes me feel old that the kids I grew up baby-sitting are all grown up themselves!

Well, I hope this was a long enough post for all of you that have been nagging me to update my blog!! I'll try to do better!

3 comments:

Chelsa said...

brycen has those same pj's :)

Tera said...

The sugar coma is too cute...I'm wondering if Brynna had too many sugar cookies yesterday since she was still awake at 11:30 last night. :)

Jen said...

Thanks for posting. I miss you when you don't.

Love, love, love the kiddos in their jammies. What a fun Christmas this will be!