Monday, December 15, 2008

I think my house is infected...

Seriously, how many strains of colds/flus/bugs/icky creepy crawly stuff is going around??! My poor husband has been quarantined to our room b/c he can't keep any food down and other gross details that I won't go in to...I think my nose hairs are permanently burnt by the smell of all of the Lysol I've been spraying. I even went so far as to pick up the kids after school, take them to Mr. Gatti's (or "Mr Daddy's" as Nick calls it) for dinner, drive thru the City Park not once, but twice (had to go out both exits to see all the lights) then take the long way home looking at more lights...all this just to avoid subjecting my kiddos to any more germs at home than necessary! This bug is on top of the extreme head cold Shane had last week....poor guy! Knock on wood though...the rest of us seem fine.

Our busy weekend went off without a hitch...other than missing Shane's Christmas Party Friday night for his management team...we didn't want to expose any "babysitters" to any germs hanging around. I got my hair chopped off at the salon Sat. morning - its now above my shoulders & just as curly as ever! A quick stop by Jess's jewelry party netted me a new necklace then I headed home to pick up the girls to head to Vincennes for my dress fitting. After a "treat stop" at Starbucks, we headed home to the boys who had been busy installing our new front door...love it!! We headed to Mass around 5pm then hit Walmart (for the 3rd out of 4 trips total this weekend - gag!) for a few groceries/dinner (love that deli chicken!). Katie, Nick & I went to Clay's graduation open house on Sunday afternoon - the twins were under "house arrest" for various infractions so they got to enjoy some quality time at home w/ dad....from what I hear, that "quality" time wasn't so pleasant for all parties involved :)

And now, its Monday night & I'm facing a night's sleep on the couch - trust me, I'll take the couch waaaaaay before I'll chance getting the 'creeping crud' from Shane! Hope everyone else is feelin' fine and staying healthy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YUCK! Well I hope everyone at your house is healthy soon. Sounds horrible and hopefully we don't catch anything. So far we have been good.

Tera said...

Sorry to hear about the sickies, but your post was funny none the less! :) One thing I've noticed about reading your blog...you stick with the punishments for your kids. I admire you guys for that! It's hard sometimes to make the kids miss out on something, but I guess that's why it's called punishment!:) Thanks for reminding me to stick to my guns!