Friday, December 12, 2008

Fighting the winter colds...

Yep, we've been hit...it started w/ Katie's head cold, moved to Shane's more severe head cold, struck Emily w/ nauseousness due to drainage (I'll spare the details on that one) and has landed on Nick who may have a slight ear infection along w/ his cough....so far, Hannah & I are ok - she's had a little bit of a runny nose but let's hope it stops there. I'm tempted to open all the windows on the house one day when we're gone to kill any bugs in here (thanks for the "tip" Lynn!). I was home w/ Em yesterday morning then Shane relieved me at lunch so I could go to work and he also stayed home w/ Nick today...he's still getting over his own cold so it gave them both the chance to chill out. They ventured out to meet me for lunch which was great - I don't usually get such handsome dates for lunch :) Nick picked Quizno's which is one of my faves...

I kind of forgot my busy Saturday when I mentioned in my last post that we weren't that busy this weekend...I have a hair appt in Loogootee at 9am, Jess's jewelry party in Raglesville at 10:30 then we're all heading to Vincennes after that to order dresses for Jess & Big Nick's wedding (6/6/09!). Abbie & I are Jess's personal attendants and my girls (along w/ cousin Hannah B.) are the "favor-passer-outers" and "reception gift girls"(both are official titles BTW)...hopefully we can find what we're looking for w/ little to no stress....b/c we all know that there's no stress involved w/ weddings :)

We're almost done w/ our Christmas shopping...we've scaled back this year a little. I think I've mentioned my Excel spreadsheet Christmas list but maybe haven't confessed that I have every list from the previous 3 years saved along w/ this year's so I can see exactly how much we've spoiled our kids over the years...trust me, we had room to scale back on the purchases! We do "believe" in Santa at our house but don't let that overshadow the true meaning of Christmas. I don't recall when I discovered that Mom was really "Santa"...then again, maybe he does exist since my gifts from her still say "From Santa" on them!! Gotta love the kid in all of us I guess...

Keeping some of you in my thoughts tonight...Jesse & Sarah for the loss of Gma Eaton, Patty's step-dad as he recovers from surgery, Melissa & her family as they make some tough decisions re: her dad...thinking & praying for you all....

No comments: