Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The best of '08

So, I'm going to totally copy my cousin Cass's blog & try to creatively list my "best's" of '08...here goes (in no particular order...)

1. Getting to celebrate the 1st anniversary of marrying my best friend
2. Watching my "baby" Nick march into school to start kindergarten w/ his big sisters by his side
3. Finally getting my living room project done (by my handy hubby!) - new wall finished, crown molding & baseboards installed, new paint & new front door!
4. Discovering the awesome world of blogging & how it connects friends, both old & new
5. Coaching all of my daughters in both outdoor & indoor soccer...now I can say "NO!" the next time I'm asked :)
6. Cheering for Nick the T-ball player & Shane the T-ball coach
7. Finally getting some answers to Emily's behavior issues
8. Enjoying Shane & I's "date nights" - highly recommended for all married couples but especially those with children!
9. Road-tripping to Bumpus Mills, Tennessee for weekends w/ Mom & Scott
10. Watching 4 generations play softball at Shane's family reunion
11. Seeing the complete wonder on Shane's face as we first heard the roar of the dragsters in Indy
12. Experiencing Colts football in the glory of Lucas Oil Stadium
13. Eating a hot dog & drinking a cold beer while watching the Indianapolis Indians baseball team on a perfect September night
14. Hearing the collective intake of breath as our children opened their trampoline on Christmas morning...then covering my ears to the screams of joy!
15. Finally getting the perfect vehicle for our family - seats 8 w/ a DVD player & heated seats and its NOT A MINIVAN!
16. Half-heartedly supporting my husband's obsession w/ becoming a drag racer
17. Watching as my "everybody's party-buddy" brother-in-law Dave became one of the US Army's finest - so proud of you!!
18. Taking Hannah to the emergency room as she was awarded the "First Broken Bone" award - all healed now :)
19. Not only seeing Nick lose his first tooth but also trying to keep up w/ all of the teeth Emily, Hannah & Kate decided to lose this year...this all went along w/ reminding the Tooth Fairy (aka Shane) to put the golden dollars under their pillows before he left for work
20. Accepting the fact that its ok for a new washer & dryer to excite me as much as they did

That's about all I can come up with outside of the fact that I'm obviously very blessed to have a happy & healthy family...I know that 2009 will be just as crazy as 2008 - and I don't want to miss a thing!

P.S. I know I haven't posted about Christmas but we did sooo much that it would totally exhaust me to re-cap it all....safe to say we were all very spoiled, ate way too much and loved seeing all of our families!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay, I love to be copied! I love your top 20, especially the NOT A MINIVAN one! Have a happy new year!